Schedule a Consultation with an Expert Prestashop Developer
Experienced PrestaShop engineer with seamless project implementation
Loves guacamole & hates spoilers
Stacked portfolio of beautiful, functional websites
Known for his epic charcuterie & cheese boards
Mobile engineering guru with a knack for translating stakeholder needs
Would rather be diving Palau’s Blue Corner
Top UpStack PrestaShop Developers
I've been an iOS application developer, for over eight years, and am specialized in architectural development, UX, and iOS development. I am a client-focused developer committed to open and honest communication from inception through completion of project. I am an avid learner and am passionate about creating user-friendly, creative, appealing, and useful applications for a broad range of business needs.
Abou is a Software Engineer with 6+ years of experience participating in the full software development life-cycle from planning to launch. He is specializing in creating full-stack applications using Ruby on Rails, having strong experience in API development and integration, implementation of business components, and application support. Abou attaches great importance to communication and the quality of the work provided to guarantee a successful collaboration.
Sanel is a PHP Developer driving projects through the dev lifecycle from concept and design to implementation - translating business needs into technical solutions, developing, implementing and troubleshooting production issues. He creates, extends and supports several high-quality and performant arrays of web-based products and applications across multiple projects and clients.
Hire PrestaShop Developers with Upstack
Prestashop is a powerful e-commerce platform that makes it easy to create and manage an online store. But setting up a store on Prestashop is no easy task. It requires a deep understanding of coding and web development, as well as the ability to customize the platform to meet a business’s unique needs. To ensure you have the best e-commerce experience possible, it’s important to hire a knowledgeable and experienced Prestashop developer. Here’s what you need to know before you hire one.
What is Prestashop?
Prestashop is an open source e-commerce platform that makes it easy for anyone to create and manage an online store. It’s a community-driven platform that’s entirely free to use and can be customized to meet a business’s unique needs. Prestashop acts as a central hub connecting all the other components of your online store, including your inventory, shipping and payment services.
Prestashop is one of the most widely used e-commerce platforms in the world. It powers more than 350,000 online stores, including many of the world’s largest e-commerce brands. The platform is especially popular in Europe and South America, where it has a large market share. In North America, it trails behind Shopify and Bigcommerce.
What is a Prestashop developer?
A Prestashop developer is someone who has extensive experience building e-commerce sites using the platform. A good developer should be familiar with all aspects of the platform, including its installation and configuration. A good developer should also have a solid understanding of how the platform works, as well as how to customize it to meet a business’s unique needs. A good developer will be able to offer valuable insight into which aspects of the platform are most important to your business and which can be tweaked or upgraded.
The developer you choose to work with will be responsible for creating your online store’s architecture and making sure that everything runs smoothly. They will be responsible for setting up your store’s design and functionality and making sure that it meets your business’s unique needs. In order to do this, they will need a deep understanding of coding and web development.
What skills should a Prestashop developer have?
Before hiring a developer, make sure they have the following skills: - Strong technical expertise. A great developer will have extensive experience working with e-commerce platforms, including Prestashop. They should be familiar with the platform’s installation and configuration, as well as its features. A good developer will also have a solid understanding of how the platform works and how to customize it to meet a business’s unique needs.
- Strong communication skills. You should be able to communicate with your developer easily and effectively. You should be able to ask them questions about the platform and about your store’s design, and expect clear and concise answers.
- An eye for design. Your developer will work closely with your designer to create the look and functionality of your online store. They will be responsible for the functionality of your store’s design, including its navigation and any other functional elements that make your store unique. A good developer will have a keen eye for design and will be able to implement your designer’s vision in a way that works seamlessly with the platform.
What should you look for in a Prestashop developer?
Before hiring a developer, it’s important to make sure they are the right fit for your business. Here are a few things to look for: - Reputation. Make sure to thoroughly research the reputation of the developers you’re considering hiring. You can do this by checking out their websites, reading their reviews and speaking with their previous clients to get a better idea of their work.
- Technical expertise. Make sure the developer has the skills and experience necessary to successfully create your store. Check their previous work to make sure it is consistent with your expectations and make sure they have experience working with e-commerce platforms, including Prestashop.
- Communication skills. Make sure you feel comfortable communicating with your developer. Make sure they respond to your questions in a timely manner, and that you feel confident understanding their answers.
- Ability to meet your deadline. Make sure the developer you hire can meet your store’s deadline. If they are able to meet your expectations and deliver a quality product by your desired deadline, they are worth hiring.
What to expect when working with a Prestashop developer
Building an online store is not a quick and easy process. It’s important to remember that your developer is building an asset for your business that will last for years to come. This means they will likely follow a meticulous approach to building your store and will take the time necessary to do it right.
From start to finish, it can take up to three months to build a store on the platform. This timeline can be impacted by the complexity of your store’s design, the number of integrations involved, your developer’s workload, and other factors. Make sure to communicate your timeline expectations with your developer. This will help you manage your expectations throughout the process.
Prestashop developer pricing
There isn’t a standard price range for hiring a Prestashop developer. It all depends on the experience level of the developer, the complexity of your store’s design, the type of integrations you need, and other factors. On average, it costs between $5,000 and $25,000 to build a store on the platform.
When hiring a developer, it’s important to factor in the cost of any stages in the development process that are outside of the standard process. This could include any customization work or upgrades to the platform that you decide to do. Make sure to talk to your developer about the costs associated with any additional work and make sure you are comfortable with it.
They trust Our PrestaShop Developers
Why hire a PrestaShop developer with Upstack
Top PrestaShop talent pre-vetted for a perfect fit.
Our 8-point assessment evaluation ensures that every senior PrestaShop developer you interview exceeds expectations across technical, cultural, and language criteria.
Hire reliable, passionate PrestaShop developers.
From late-night sprints to jumping on a last-minute face-to-face, we ensure that your recruits are down to get the job done right.
Risk-free 14-day trial.
Confidently onboard candidates with our no-questions-asked trial period. We’ll walk you through the contract-to-hire process if and when you’re ready to make it permanent with your new PrestaShop engineer.
Our Client Success Experts provide white-glove service.
Stay laser-focused on your business goals while our team of experts curates potential candidates and manages seamless programmer onboarding.
Build your optimal team confidently, quickly.
UpStack handles everything including background and reference checks, legal issues, and more. Our platform streamlines billing, timesheets, and payment all in one easy-to-access place.
Schedule a call with a Client Success Expert to get starting hiring a PrestaShop developer.Start hiring Start hiring Start hiring
Hire from the Best.
Working with our Client Success Experts, we’ll help you build the remote team of your dreams with top PrestaShop talent from around the world.
Pre-vetted, reliable PrestaShop developers are standing by.
Hiring PrestaShop Developers | FAQs
How much does it cost to hire a PrestaShop developer?
UpStack has a simple billing model where each PrestaShop developer has a standard hourly rate averaging between $65-$75 per hour. Rates are based on skills, knowledge, and experience, and our developers are available mainly for full-time engagement (40 hours per week) and the occasional part-time opportunity (20 hours per week).
What is the process to find a PrestaShop developer?
You’ll connect with an UpStack Client Success Manager to determine your immediate needs. Our team uses a combination of AI and personal assessment to short-list candidates that match your job requirements. From there, you interview, select, and onboard the perfect developer, all within days of your initial call.
How does UpStack find its PrestaShop developers?
UpStack’s talent recruitment team connects with software developers around the globe every day. Each PrestaShop programmer is vetted for technical, communication, and other soft skills necessary for a developer to successfully work with your team. Once vetted, the candidates are accepted into the UpStack developer community.
How is UpStack different from an agency or recruiter?
UpStack's community of available, pre-vetted engineering talent means minimizing roadblocks to scaling your team effectively, efficiently, and immediately. Our Client Success Experts work with you and your UpStack developer to ensure a smooth and seamless engagement.
Can I hire UpStack PrestaShop developers directly?
Yes, you can hire UpStack PrestaShop developers at any time, and with the same assurance of smoothly on boarding talent risk-free. First, we’d create a job opening on our portal. Then, we’d vet, interview, and match developers that meet your needs. If you’re satisfied at the end of the 14-day trial period, at any time you can directly hire them.
Common Prestashop FAQs
What is Prestashop?
PrestaShop is an open-source e-commerce platform that is used to create online stores. It is written in PHP and is available under the Open Software License. PrestaShop was first released in 2007 and has since become a popular choice for creating online stores, with more than 300,000 active installations as of 2021. PrestaShop provides a range of features and tools for creating and managing an online store, including support for multiple languages and currencies, a built-in content management system, and a range of payment and shipping options. It also has a large number of modules and themes available, which can be used to customize the appearance and functionality of the store. PrestaShop is designed to be easy to use, with a user-friendly interface and a range of features and tools that are intended to make it easier to set up and manage an online store. It is suitable for small to medium-sized businesses, and it can be used to sell a wide range of products and services online.
How does Prestashop work?
To use PrestaShop, you will need to install it on a web server, either on your own server or through a hosting provider. Once installed, you can use PrestaShop's administration panel to set up and customize your online store. This includes adding products, setting up payment and shipping options, and customizing the appearance and functionality of the store. Customers can browse and purchase products from your online store through a web browser. They can add items to their shopping cart, view their order history, and track the status of their orders. PrestaShop integrates with a variety of payment gateways, such as PayPal and Stripe, to allow customers to make purchases using a range of payment methods. It also includes tools for managing orders, customers, and inventory, as well as generating reports and analyzing store performance. Overall, PrestaShop is designed to make it easier to set up and manage an online store, and it provides a range of features and tools to help you sell products and services online.
How do I install Prestashop on localhost?
To install PrestaShop on a localhost, you will need to follow these steps:
- Install a web server: PrestaShop requires a web server to run. If you don't already have a web server installed, you can use a program such as Apache or Nginx.
- Install a database server: PrestaShop uses a database to store information about your store, such as products, orders, and customers. You will need to install a database server, such as MySQL or MariaDB, in order to use PrestaShop.
- Download and extract PrestaShop: Go to the PrestaShop website and download the latest version of PrestaShop. Extract the downloaded file to a location on your local computer.
- Create a database for PrestaShop: Use the database server's tools to create a new database for PrestaShop. Make note of the database name, username, and password, as you will need them later.
- Configure the web server: Configure the web server to serve the extracted PrestaShop files. This will typically involve creating a virtual host and specifying the location of the PrestaShop files.
- Run the PrestaShop installation: Open a web browser and go to the URL of the virtual host you created. This will start the PrestaShop installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation, including entering the database information you created in step 4.
- Set up and customize your store.
How do I update Prestashop?
To update PrestaShop, you will need to follow these steps:
- Back up your store: Before you update PrestaShop, it is important to back up your store to protect against any potential issues that may arise during the update process. You should back up your store's database, as well as any important files and folders, such as the "config" and "upload" directories.
- Check the system requirements: Make sure that your server meets the system requirements for the version of PrestaShop you are updating to. If your server does not meet the requirements, you may need to upgrade your server or hosting plan before you can update PrestaShop.
- Download the update: Go to the PrestaShop website and download the latest version of PrestaShop. Extract the downloaded file to a location on your computer.
- Update the files: Replace the existing PrestaShop files with the updated files you downloaded. You should overwrite all of the files, except for the "config" and "upload" directories, which contain your store's configuration and media files.
- Run the update script: Open a web browser and go to your store's URL. This will start the update process. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
- Check your store: After the update is complete, check your store to make sure everything is working as expected. You may need to clear your browser's cache and cookies, or refresh the page, to see the changes.
It is always a good idea to test the update on a staging or development site before updating your live store. This will allow you to ensure that the update does not cause any issues with your store before applying it to the live site.
Is Prestashop open source?
Yes, PrestaShop is an open-source e-commerce platform. It is available under the Open Software License, which allows users to freely use, modify, and distribute the software. PrestaShop is developed and maintained by a community of volunteers and is supported by a network of partners and developers. It is available for free download from the PrestaShop website, and users are free to modify and customize the source code as needed. Open-source software, like PrestaShop, is developed and maintained by a community of users and developers who contribute their time and expertise to the project. This allows for a high level of collaboration and innovation, and it can also lead to a more robust and reliable product. PrestaShop is a popular choice for creating online stores, and it is used by more than 300,000 active installations as of 2021. Its open-source nature and wide range of features and tools make it a flexible and powerful platform for building and managing an online store.